2017 Events in and Around Knysna
You do not have to wait for a special event though! Our award-winning town has so much else to offer
- STANDING WORLD-CLASS EVENT: Wild Oats Farmer’s Market – Sedgefield, every Saturday 07:30-11:30
- FEBRUARY: The Rocky Mountain Garden Route 300 mountainbike race.
- MAR/APR: Sedgefield Slow Festival including loads of races, competitions and fun family events
- MARCH: Knysna Literary Festival including competitions and appearances by prominent authors.
- APRIL: The 7-passes MTB event mountainbike race challenge.
- MAY: Pink Loerie Mardi Gras gay festival, parade, competitions, food, feathers and fun
- MAY: Simola Hillclimb and Knysna Speed Festival including Kart Grand Prix, a Motor show, the Soap Box Derby, a Slot Car Challenge, a 4×4 challenge and 4×4 Elephant Trail through the Knysna forest.
- JUNE: RE:CM Knysna 200, 3days, 200km – Mountainbike Race
- JULY: Oyster Festival – running, cycling, culinary delights, family fun and more (over a 100 events!) – including the increasingly popular Houtkapper Trail Run that starts near Forest Edge and comes right past our gate before entering the beautiful forest.
- JULY: Rastafarian Earth Festival – showcases the Rastafarian way of life, the music, the food and the philosophy behind this sometimes mis-understood faith
- AUGUST: Ross Taylor Surf Contest – at the beautiful Buffalo Bay
- SEPTEMBER: Karoo-to-Coast as part of Dr Evil Classic race
- OCT: Light to Night / Moon to Noon endurance race starting at Totties Eatery, within 10min’ cycling distance from Forest Edge : )