Knysna is proud of South Africas biggest forests. The forest are natural grown, full of cool, shady spots in summer time and there are many small rivers and water holes. The perfect spot for wild mushrooms for Candlewoods famous Mushroom bruschetta. If we have some we prepare this speciality in our guesthouse for breakfast.
- Wild Garden Route mushrooms 200g, mixed
- Fresh butter 250g
- Cream cheese 100g
- Grana Padano 50g
- Chives 50g, chopped
- Fresh ciabatta
- Free-range eggs 2
- White vinegar 2 T
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place butter in a frying pan and allow to melt. Add chopped mixed wild
mushrooms and saute until golden brown and season with salt and pepper
2. Crack eggs into a saucepan of gently boiling water with 2 tablespoons of vinegar
and poach until soft.
3. Toast 2 slices of ciabatta until golden brown, spread with cream cheese and
top with mushrooms and a soft poached egg.
4. Sprinkle with chopped chives and shaved Grana Padano and serve.