A hot summer day in December in Knysna. Candlewood is well booked and our guests relax at our pool area. What will be the ultimative refreshment at the guesthouse? We prepare our homemade Rooibos Iced Tea. Keep cool.
- Organic Rooibos 8 T
- Vanilla pod 1
- Sweet Organic Garden Route Apples 2
- Rhubarb nectar 250ml
- Bottles 4 x 300ml
1. Cut the vanilla pod in two and keep the vanilla marrow.
2. Pour 800ml of hot water (90 °C) over the vanilla marrow and add the Rooibos.
Leave it for about 8 minutes.
3. In the meantime, cut the apples in quarters and remove the core. Divide the
quarters again to get 8 slices. Put everything in a wide bowl with ice cubes.
4. Pour the tea through a strainer. Add half of the apple slices and the Rhubarb nectar.
5. Keep in the fridge for about 1 hour.
6. Serve in glasses or bottles with ice cubes and the remaining apple pieces. If you do
not want the apples becoming brown, pour some drops of lemon juice over them.